On 23 July 2019, Exeter City Council agreed to declare a climate emergency and made the commitment to make Exeter a carbon neutral (or net-zero carbon) city by 2030. This ambitious target is aligned to the vision for the city and has potential to make a vital contribution to our planet and all its people.
Exeter City Living, a home developer wholly owned by Exeter City Council, forms part of this net zero ambition as it builds homes that are not only healthier to live in but they’re also incredibly energy efficient due to being built to Passivhaus standard.
The vision with the Exeter City Living Upcycle Competition is to encourage local people and teams in EX postcodes to use wasted or unused raw materials to make new, usable and beautiful product(s). This will help to reduce current waste output and remove some of the already discarded waste. We’re hoping this creates a legacy of repurposing, reuse and recycling.
To enter, please register using the form below. Once registered please submit your entry via We Transfer Exeter City Living will accept photos, videos and text submissions. These should describe the final product and the process taken to create the product. Further instructions in the terms and conditions below.
- Lunch and spa treatment for two at Hotel Du Vin Exeter
- Hamper of local produce worth £100
- £50 InExeter voucher to be redeemed in participating stores
- Grow Coffee House Experience worth £25
- iBounce unlimited bouncing pass
- £80 voucher from Queen Street Dining
- Many other fantastic prizes
Terms and Conditions
Competition open to residents in EX postcodes
1. By entering the prize draw you are agreeing to these prize draw terms and conditions.
2. The prize draw is being run by Exeter City Living Ltd.
Eligibility to enter
3. The prize draw is open to all except Exeter City Living staff – people under the age of 18 should have an adult supervisor.
5. A maximum of one entry per individual or team is permitted, individuals cannot enter as teams and as individuals.
6. The prize draw is free to enter.
How to enter
8. To enter the prize draw simply send your entry via We Transfer to email@example.com
9. Exeter City Living will not accept responsibility if contact details provided are incomplete or inaccurate.
11. Exeter City Living’s use of particular brands as prizes does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement of such brands.
13. The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
15. The decision of Exeter City Living regarding any aspect of the competition is final and binding and no
correspondence will be entered into about it.
16. Participants must register their team using the form above before the 30th September. The winner will be notified after 5th October 2021
17. Exeter City Living will attempt to contact the winner by email up to three times.
18. If the winner does not respond to the emails notifying them of their win within 14 days of the third email, they will lose their right to the prize, and Exeter City Living reserves the right to choose and notify a new winner that had been judged in second place. The same process will follow should until all prizes are given away.